Sunday, April 11, 2010

First shoot! (part 2: falloff)

As I said in my previous post, some of the pictures I took looked pretty bad, as I made quite a few mistakes (Let's chalk it up on it being my first time). I think the first and most important one was not really getting into the role of photographer, I was more like a guest with a camera, and that held me back quite a bit (I didn't get really close to people, I didn't try for better angles, etc.). Oh, well...

First I want to document (so I don't make that same mistake again!) a really silly mistake: bouncing flash from the wrong direction, and getting some nasty falloff across the picture. As you can see from the pic below, I bounced the flash to the left of the camera and a bit forward (duh! That wasn't smart), acusing the guy in the left to be flooded by light, while the girl on the right is pretty dark:


 Nasty! I should have bounced from behind me, of course. I guess you could fix this by making a couple of different JPG's at different exposures and then blending them in Photoshop, but it's a dumb mistake and easy to avoid... don't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment